Eden District Council
Search our Site

Social Care

Adult social care

Adult social care service in Eden is provided by Cumbria County Council. Eden is spilt into three areas north, south and east. To find out which area you fall into see Cumbria County Council's web page on Local Adult Social Care Offices.

If you know which area you fall into you can contact adult social care on:

  • Eden West - 01768 812243 / 01768 812233
  • Eden South - 01768 812089 / 01768 812231
  • Eden North - 01768 812241 / 01768 812253

If you prefer to write or email Adult Social Care

In an emergency at weekends or bank holiday adult social care can be contact on their out of hours number 01228 526690.

Children and families

Children and families service in Eden is provided by Cumbria County Council. All new enquiries and requests for services for children and their families can be made through County Triage Team telephone 0333 240 1727. You can contact Child and Family Support Unit at Penrith on 01768 812116. For contact number for other services provided see Cumbria County Council web page on children and family services and contacts in Eden.


Childcare information is provided by the children and families information service of Cumbria County Council, they will be able to discuss your requirements and find childcare providers in your area, email childrens.information@cumbria.gov.uk or telephone 08457 125 737.


The Office for Disability Issues is the focal point within government to coordinate disability policy across all departments. Other information can be found on the GOV.UK web page about disabled people. We produce a information for disabled people to Eden district.

Drug, alcohol and sexual health

UNITY recovery in your community is an NHS run alcohol and drug recovery service which offers care and supported recovery for people living with substance misuse problems across Cumbria - telephone: 01768 861280.

Mental health

Community mental health teams for adults and older adults are provided by Cumbria Partnership NHS based at Beacon Unit, Bridge Lane, Penrith, Cumbria CA11 8HX - telephone 01768 245300.

Learning disabilities

Specialist learning disability services for adults and children in Eden are provided by Cumbria Partnership NHS. For more details contact:
The Team Secretary, Carlisle and Eden Office, Learning Disability Services, Cedarwood, Carleton Clinic, Carlisle, Cumbria CA1 3SX - telephone 01228 603189

Was this page helpful?